The Bar Below Will Help You Find...

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Continuing digital painting practice.

As the title states, I'm constantly trying to improve my digital painting technique as well as having a self critical eye towards my work.

I'm happy with this for now and will be ok with it for years to come but knowing what I wish to achieve, visually speaking, and keeping within my many styles of art, I'm still not there.

It's getting there. Less is more in this case.

Be patient and let practice, critique and time dictate where I'm headed.

Things I need to work on:
  1. Cinematographic layout. Making sure all my angles don't always pull the picture too much in the same direction.
  2. Story. I think when you look at this you know what's going on or what happened most recently. As soon as I was done with it I realized what would've been a better composition for the guys in the foreground.
  3. Color. Originally I thought of throwing in a red flag of some sort or yellowish flames in the rear of the downed aircraft.
  4. Vehicles. I definitely need work there. I'm an occasional sci-fi fan but have trouble connecting with my creative side when it comes to science fiction vehicles (without recreating something that already exists in Star Wars or some other flick I've seen).

No comments:

Post a Comment